I wanted to get list of all nodes in a menu tree in Drupal 7, so I wrote this recursive function
Progressive De-coupling using Static Site Generation + RESTful web services or GraphQL
This architecture is suitable for sites where the End Users are anonymous and the content does not change that often, say, once an hour.
I wanted to find out what version of CKEditor I have in my new Drupal 8 site. So rather than digging through the code, I found a quick workaround. Open the edit node page, open console, in Chrome right click -> Inspect. Then in the console prompt type
I moved a whole Drupal site to https mode, and Openlayers maps stopped working in node edit mode. There is a simple fix. Go to the configuration screen:
Today I finally decided to take Drupal 8 for a spin as it is in beta 15 phase - so it must be getting closer. Also, it has just been announced that there will be an upgrade path between beta versions from now on: beta-to-beta-updates. Surprisingly the install of Drupal 8 was almost identical to installing Drupal 7.
I use "Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca" which comes with PHP 5.5.9, which is a Drupal 8 minimum requirement.
First I created the database and configured my local apache vhost.
Then, in the command line, I downloaded the tarball:
Today I installed PHP debugger on my Linux Mint Vbox, it was really easy, for a change, as I attempted to do this previously and it was always quite tricky. So this is what I did, if you feel brave and are running linux ...